Sunday, July 3, 2011

全球化/Globalization

Globalization has been easier to observe than I thought. Here are a few snapshots of the West's infiltration into the Land of Forbidden Palace, Dragons and Dim Sum... or just transnational corporations venturing into China. Prof. Rigby would be proud!


Exhibit A: Ikea is opening in Shanghai! This is an ad in a metro station


Exhibit B: Forever 21 is coming soon to 南京東路 (East Nanjing Rd), a street with a lot of stores. I think this is one of the best pictures I've taken here b/c of the guard and how it encapsulates consumerism with political conservatism... *dusts off shoulder* HAHa


Exhibit C: Another personal favorite of mine... I PLAYED FRUIT NINJA IN CHINA! On a Chinese tablet/ iPad sort of thing! That moment also summed up globalization for me <3

No comments:

Post a Comment